1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cost, installation, effectiveness: sound deadening material?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Bookish Guy, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Bookish Guy

Bookish Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How sensible is it to put into the Prius sound deadening material for a quieter ride? What's it cost, where does it go, how to you do it (door? floor?)??? Only two of us, so only concerned about front seat area.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there are quite a few detailed threads here. the materials are only a few hundred dollars. start with the floor pan under the spare tire, then the doors, the the floor under the carpets. it's all labor.
    very effective from what i have read, then a set of michelin energy savers is icing on the cake!

3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Here's one for free, just turn on the audio system, it did add cost to the vehicle. It's like saying I need it to be cooler in the interior while driving so I'm adding insulation to the car to keep temp stable. How about turn on the AC/heater, after all, it was a cost to the vehicle.

4. audiodave

audiodave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    There big tin cans. It was a must as far as I was concerned. The roof is the only place I don't any but like to add some.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.