1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cost to Change Tires?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by cdogstu99, Apr 13, 2017.

1. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nice! Thanks. That was a very good explanation. The evolution of the tab is interesting. When they first came out with what we called the ecology tab, they were really problematic. It was an extremely fine line between a leaker and one that wouldn't open (tab failure). One of our press designs had 28 steps in the tab die. The guys who design those die sets are a whole 'nuther kind of engineer. :D Here's a video form the company I worked for. Kind of makes me a little homesick. It was probably filmed in the plant where I started back in '76. Boy, are we ever off track!! :ROFLMAO:

WilDavis likes this.
  2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I love my rear-view camera, but the only problem is that it only works when the car is in reverse! :eek:

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When my car is out of warranty, I am going to try this mod. Toyota Prius Turn Signal / Hazard Rear Camera Activation Kit w/ Navigation Override - All Models - PriusChat Shop. Only thing I do not like about this kit is that it seems to require turn signal or hazard light to activate the rear view camera. That option may not work well if I am on congested road. :(

WilDavis likes this.
  4. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just took a peek at that, and might be tempted to get one if it were a simple "on/off" switch. All the other interlock stuff is unnecessary fluff (IMNSHO)! :)

Salamander_King likes this.