1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cost to replace front struts?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by ashleyclark, Jan 3, 2014.

1. ashleyclark

ashleyclark Junior Member

a potential buyer for my 2002 classic is asking how much he'd have to shell out to replace the front struts only. I found a gen II thread saying $1000 is on the high side for replacing struts all around. rough estimate anyone?
    thanks!
    Ashley

2. kutcht1

kutcht1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I found KYB cloeouts online for $53.XX each for front struts with free shipping reduced from $70.00. I can get the website when I get home and send a link. It is not a hard job so find an independent shop that would do the labor for you per hour. A Toyota dealership cost should not even be that high. I will be doing this job myself soon to all four and will only be spending $180 with new front dust boots barring I do not need or brake anything while doing the job.
    TomK

trentofdestiny likes this.
  3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You haven't listed your geographic location. Big difference between labor costs on the East/West coasts vs. a less-populated area.

If you want an accurate estimate, try calling a local Toyota dealer. My guess is that the quote will be $1K or more. Then, try calling an independent servicer in your area and see what is quoted to you.

4. vaughnstark777

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Ebay has all 4 corners for $175 and each of the front corners starting @ $62

SCH-I605 ?

5. ashleyclark

ashleyclark Junior Member

Thanks! BTW I'm in Richmond VA. I'll pass on the info.