1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Costaletech Navigation Enhancement Kit yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by aromano, Mar 29, 2005.

1. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    AFAIK, none have shipped. Believe me, you'll see several posts about that when that happens.

I ordered mine in April.

2. dreichla

dreichla New Member

Nope, Nada, Zip. On order since February

3. Greyskye

Greyskye New Member

I finally canceled my order for this. No reason for it now that I know the software 'back door' that allows the same functionality. I think I'm actually glad that they are still not shipping these units. I would have felt that I had wasted my money after finding out about the no-cost method of achieving the same thing! :D

4. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Too bad that they weren't able to get these out sooner. It probably would've been a cash cow for them.

5. russcarver

russcarver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    What is this backdoor software method? How do you do it? How does it work? Does it work for NAV and Bluetooth?

--Russ

6. snotnose

snotnose New Member

See this url for the NAV "backdoor":

http://hybridcars.about.com/od/ownership/ss/navigation.htm

7. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    This does not affect the Bluetooth. I suspect there is something like this that will take care of that.

8. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I placed my order for the Nav/BT upgrade probably 6 months ago. I have called a couple of times since then and left messages, w/o any return calls. I am just stuck in limbo waiting for them to actually have a product and sell it to me. I do wish they were better at the customer service apsect of their business.

9. slortz

slortz New Member

This thread started back in March and it is now the end of October. I already reached the end of my patience and cancelled all of my orders. It will be interesting to see just how long this wait goes on for those of you still keeping the faith though.

...oh, and by the way, for those still waiting, did I mention that my 2005 Prius Anti-Gravity Hover Mod IS HERE! I'm taking pre-orders now and should be shipping in the next 4-6 weeks. :p

10. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That is great, but having to go through that dance everytime you get in the car is really a pain in the butt. I am just amazed that some ingenious computer person has not solved this nav and blue tooth problem for good for all of our benefit.

I would pay $$$ for this! The most annoying one for me is the blue tooth/dialing issue.

11. DHonzik

DHonzik Junior Member

How much for the Anti-gravity mod? Can you please place me on pre-order list.
    I am currently working on a Warp drive mod to replace the ICE....Guarantee to accelerate you out of this world. This would pair nicely to your ant-gravity mod :lol:

12. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Yes, I am also in for the anti-gravity mod. This will finally solve my NAV problems, I can just fly in a straight line from where I am to where I want to be.

I would also like to order the optional "hair retention kit." The last thing I want is my hair floating around like those people on the space shuttle. Ugh! Will this delay my order?

Nate

13. DHonzik

DHonzik Junior Member

Too bad the Prius doesn't have a stainless steel body, otherwise we could offer a Time Travel mod..... :(

14. gaulfinger

gaulfinger New Member

Hey, just to tug an old thread... I got my Nav override kit last week! I ordered it in May.

From reading it, I think it's automating the "back door" override I've been using these past months. Anyway, I will install it soon and see how much easier it makes things to not have to go through gyrations to do what should be there available in the first place.

Gary

15. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Weird, I ordered mine in February, but haven't gotten it yet.

Nate

16. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I suspected that, especially when Dave mentions (on his demo video) that it acts as an "Automatic Button Pusher" for the "I Agree" screen. On the demo, the screen comes up for a second or so, then the button changes color and the screen goes to the map. If this is true, then it won't work for the 2006.

I ordered mine in April, we'll see when (or if) it arrives.

17. slortz

slortz New Member

I was more interested in the ViewTech video interface and the Bluetooth phone override more than the "I Agree" button override. Seems like there is actually some progress being made on things at CoastalTech though. Too bad I exhaled months ago and bought the Soundgate Vidtoyo--works well enough.

Still interested to see how this product works out though. :)

18. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Unfortunately you have to have the NAV kit as the BT phone override attaches to that.

It's quite possible that there is a dance for the phone as well, especially if the NAV kit acts as an "automatic button pusher" for the NAV dance.

19. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Bluetooth module probably fakes-out the system so the car thinks it has stopped. Not sure though...

20. gaulfinger

gaulfinger New Member

To confirm, the Nav kit went in, no sweat. And it DOES emulate the button pushing to go into override mode. You get to watch all the screens hop. It's a little safer to let all those buttons get pressed by themselves than having to do it while driving... I'm sure I'll soon forget the secret recipe myself. :)

Bluetooth, and even the calendar would be nice to free from the lockouts. Ever been driving along and wondering how many miles to the next oil change?

Gary