1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Costco Gasoline OK?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Going Greener, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Colonel Ronson

Colonel Ronson New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    umm...electrons are electrons. all electrons in the known universe are the same. Are you talking about molecules? Yes molecules can change shape, not electrons, atoms, or protons.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Electrons don't have any shape. They exist in a probability cloud, but that's really beside the point of my post. I was having some fun at the expense of those who take this whole gasoline issue seriously. My post was a parody of the ones that have been made on the numerous gasoline quality threads.

I thought the tongue-out smiley face would be enough to cue even the most humor challenged readers, but apparently not. Next time I will try to remember the [HUMOR][/HUMOR] flags. ;)

Tom

3. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Oh shoot. I forgot the [SARCASM][/SARCASM] flags on that previous post. I suppose that's going to cause problems as well.

Tom

4. Colonel Ronson

Colonel Ronson New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    lol i thought you were serious, but of course not. Yeah, gas brands, big deal. people will fill with what they want to fill, and there's nothing we can do to tell them otherwise. I still see people filling their sports and luxury cars with regular 87 octane and wondering why their engine is knocking and their gas mileage is crap, and people who fill their compact cars with 91 octance and wondering why their mileage isn't improving.

1 person likes this.
  5. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Good point. I should really start working on a magnetic "electron mizer" that just clamps onto the main power leads from the battery to the controller. This device will orient the stream of electrons into a double helix that will increase the recombination quotent, thus providing cleaner running, and significantly more power.

The scary part? I'll bet I'd make money.

1 person likes this.
  6. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Do you think you could make one of these that would clamp onto the main power cord of your EV? Can it have a really cool flashing blue LED? If you can do that, I'm in.

Tom

7. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm all over this. I'll start pre-orders at the introductory price of $300.

2 people like this.
  8. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II