1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

COSTO or AAA discounts - worth it?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by scoobywu, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Dozer42

Dozer42 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually if you're good you can do quite a bit better than any Costco or AAA rate.

A new car is simply a commodity, every one a dealer has with the same specs as another dealer is exactly the same.

When shopping I call every single dealer within about 1000 miles, find at least 5 copies of the exact vehicle I want, then start a bidding war to see which dealer will give me the best price.

I have no problems at all flying from SF down to LA, or LV to pick up a car. Makes for a great road trip back and you really get to spend some quality time with your new bride on the way back.

It's like a mini-honeymoon, but cheaper!

(Picked up a CLK550 convertible for the wife 2 years back, got $14,000+ off MSRP. SCORE!)

2. Bark

Bark New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    we just purchased a 2011, we started with the costco program at 700 over invoice and went between the 2 local dealers.......ended up paying invoice. Left the dealer with a smile on my face.

3. yakapo

yakapo New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm... I'd love to get $1,000 off msrp on a prius. So the msrp on the toyota website is $23,500. How much is delivery? All the dealers in DFW seem to advertise the prius way above retail.

Also I wonder when the 2012 model will be available?