1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Could Be Toyota's Answer To The Disappears Prius v(vee) Wagon

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by catgic, Oct 4, 2017.

1. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Greetings Bisco - "Might" might-should be added in front of your "get a bit better mpg's without charging." The PIP & Prime are still powered by the 1.8L 4-Cyl. ECVT Hybrid HSD, but so is my 2012 Pv5ATP, which is delivering 49.3 Lifetime MPG-FEs Indicated to me @ 70,000+ on the odometer. Therefore, depending upon how "Hybrid $mart" the driver is, one will get whatever is available to be delivered out of the 1.8L 4-Cyl. ECVT Hybrid Synergy Drive... irregardless of dragging around the installed "Boat Anchor."

I needs me the voluminous v(vee) driver cockpit/bride's "Shot Gun Seat" sitting volume, rear passenger seating "Limo Leg Room," and versatile mega-cargo space-volume. I cannot go back to a sedan-sized/lift-back volumed hybrid-powered vehicle... 'because Toyota has me spoiled with the voluminous, versatile v(vee) fuel-sipper. I have somewhere to go in the Toyota product offerings if Toyota takes away the 43/39/41 EPA MPG-FE, 1.8L 4-Cyl. ECVT Hybrid HSD powered Prius v(vee) to be pseudo-replaced with a slightly larger engine displacement, hopefully, 40/39/40 EPA MPG-FE, 2.5-Liter 4-Cylinder ECVT Hybrid powered (Prius) Sienna Hybrid.

However, I likely will loose that "Oh, what a feeling..." if Toyota ends up plunking in the Highlander's fuel-gulping 30/28/30 EPA MPG-FE, AWD-i 3.5L V6 ECVT Hybrid HSD to power the new, out-coming North American Sienna Hybrid. If that is the route Toyota chooses to go, they may loose me as a customer. I can only rationalize paying out the extra bucks, and accept the added complexity and jacked-up purchase price of the (Prius) Hybrid Synergy Drive, if Toyota keeps the EPA MPG-FE #s of my selected "Caddy In A Kimono" Whisper-Sipper in the 40s EPA MPG-FE range. NO 40s...NO CATGIC. A Hybrid-Powered 20s/Low 30s EPA MPG-FE will not cut it with this "Hybrid $mart Driver" customer (ex-customer?).

benkhanobi likes this.