1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Could the p3000 trouble code be related to the 12v battery?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jeremy Brown, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have a 2006 Prius that has 230,000 miles on it. I’ve owned it since it has 34,000 - it’s been through our whole family and it’s making it back to me after big battery issues. I have removed and reconditioned the hybrid battery pack which included testing each battery under load, charting the rate of discharge under a 1 amp load and individually discharging and recharging each battery 3 times to recover capacity as well as balancing the whole pack (I have an awesome spreadsheet for the data if anyone wants it). Anyway, when I put it all back together, everything runs just fine for a while and then it pops up “problem” and kicks the p3000 battery code (I can’t get any sub codes using my current OBD setup). What I’m wondering is if anyone knows if the p3000 code could be a result of the 12v battery needing to be replaced. If I work on this car for and length of time, I have to jump the battery or recharge it (even if all the doors/hatch are shut the whole time). It has a 1/2 tank of gas In it. Does anyone have any input?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    could be