1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Couldn't close the rear door without getting my hands dirty

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by lblqf, Jan 6, 2012.

1. lblqf

lblqf New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    every time, possibly because the hatch is so light

I really wish it could have power rear door as an option. Also it would be nice if it could come with backup sonar sensors on the rear bumper.

Other than these minor stuffs, I like the car very much. Its handling is surprisely good and it gets the MPG as posted, avg ~42mpg, plus it is roomy and comfort and the control layout is so well thought out.

2. BlizzardPearlV

BlizzardPearlV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Next time you have the tailgait open look straight at it when its open. You will see a handle that is on the bottom edge of the interior trim where you can put your hand in. Use that to close the 5th door just give it a good pull and get your hand out. The momentum of the door will do the rest.

3. Cactus Hybrid

Cactus Hybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, as the other poster said..look for the handle in the frame of the rear door...HOWEVER, to prevent scratches to the paint when you have something in your hand,..I also bought a Stainless Steel Trunk Handle..

The v only has two holes (TOP) for your plate, so I attached the handle to the bottom holes of my plate with a couple screws and nuts. I also stuck some rubber cabinet stops behind the nuts so it would not vibrate when I close the trunk or when I listen to my new JBL system :)

Check it out Stainless Steel Trunk Handle - AutoSport Catalog

You can also check out the Backup Sensor License Frames here ->http://www.etrailer.com/Electronics/Hopkins/HM60100VA.html?feed=npn

Attached Files:

4. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Those backup sensors can be added aftermarket at most hack shacks.