1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Couple of 2009 questions

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Coopers ST, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Coopers ST

Coopers ST Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey all,

First time poster, short time lurker. I am getting a 2009 delivered to me in the next couple weeks and have three questions.
    1. Can someone confirm that the side badges on the front fenders have holes under them? I have seen reports at 2008's domand would assume 2009's also do then but would love a confirmation before I debadge them.

2. If there are holes, has anyone successfully sanded and painted the badges while still on the car? I am worried about the longevity of the paint and would think sanded and flaking paint would look worse than the badges themselves.

3. I detail cars as a side business (this is actually doubling as a company car), one thing I have never done is the engine bay of a hybrid or electric car. I have been asked a couple times, but never felt comfortable, and really most customers don't ask. Once I get this car I will want to detail the underhood area, but frankly I was worried about someone else's car the same way I worry a about mine. Has anyone here detailed theirs? Any tips, or can I go ahead and spray? I don't use a pressure washer, mainly spray bottles and brushes and chemicals, but will rinse with the mist setting on a regular hose nozzle.

As required I'm sure, once the car gets here and cleaned up I will post pics.