1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Couple Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by pitterchi, Nov 24, 2009.

1. pitterchi

pitterchi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi everyone,

I just had a couple questions if anyone has any input it would be much appreciated.

1. The first question is about the "mileage remaining on the tank" trip display (when you scroll through the trip button on the steering wheel). How accurate is this? Is it the mileage remaining on the tank or mileage remaining until I'm about 2 gallons? I ran it down today to about 18 miles then filled up my tank 9.5 gallons. Seems like I can drive another 80 miles or so until I'm really out of gas.

2. Have you noticed when you drive on power mode the ECO light doesn't light up in the HSI display at all? It only lights up on EV, ECO or normal mode. Does this ECO light really mean anything at all or is it aesthetic? I'm one of those drivers that get better fuel economy in PWR mode.

Thanks! :rockon:

2. G3priusV

G3priusV Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm not sure about the first one and would like to know too! But on the second one I used to drive on ECO mode before but now I'm driving on PWR always. The difference is hard to believe but really, a better MPG! I'm not sure if it's because easier to accelerate and then coast a lot or is it just more fun to drive with PWR mode on. :)

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    DTE is very conservative. It appears anywhere from 1.5 to almost 2 gallons remains in the tank once 0 is reached. Toyota just wants to make sure you don't run this puppy out of gas (including tilting). Consider it your reserve.

By its nature, PWR mode circumvents ECO mode.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1. My guess is it's the distance to the low fuel light. (i.e. 2 gal reserve or thereabouts.)

2. It's just to hint to you that you won't get the best mpg (typically) cause we normally would use PWR Mode to merge on the highway or just have fun on the country roads, mileage be damned. But yeah there are a few ppl here on PC that get better mpg and if PWR Mode fits your driving style, then you're gonna be better at it than the rest of us.