1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coveted Michelin Energy Saver Tires Impression

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Aerolite, Aug 16, 2013.

1. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    As I continue on the ES A/S tires, I'm not getting as good mileage as I was getting on my bald Yoko OEM tires. I aslo now have heard a skipping of the tire on painted serfaces, like the stop and crosswalk paint on the pavement. Stopping and starting the tire slip on the pain, all dry weather and no traces of water.

2. Aerolite

Aerolite Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What figures are you getting? Since I have the summer tires (Just Energy Savers), I cannot vouch for the all season's. Perhaps these tires are really impacted by temperatures outside of their intended operation?

3. alfon

alfon Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We are on our second set of Michelin Energy Saver AS tires (195x65x15). The first set we put on
    nearly 70,000 miles and still could have got another 5,000 miles or so. We kept all four tires at
    44 PSI which is max. sidewall pressure. Wear was perfectly even across the entire tire. MPG increase
    was a conversative 2-3 mpg over the factory Yokohama Avid tires. Tried the Ecopia 422's , less mpg, and terribly handling especially at high speeds over 70 mph, the car would drift as if a side wind was hitting the vehicle. (Costco exchanged for a full refund and replaced with the Michelin tires for only like $50.00 or so more for all four tires).

Yes, this is one tire that Michelin can not be accused of false advertising....

quantumy likes this.
  4. quantumy

quantumy Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    hey alfon, any updates on your impressions of the Energy Saver A/S tires? I am considering getting them myself, also in SoCal. I have the option of either the Summer or A/S versions. Not sure which to get. I drive low mileage but store in the sun half the time, and mostly drive city.

5. quantumy

quantumy Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    hey aerolite, any updates on your impressions of the Energy Saver Summer tires? I am considering getting them myself, also in SoCal. I have the option of either the Summer or A/S versions. Not sure which to get. I drive low mileage but store in the sun half the time, and mostly drive city.

*i know i posted this twice, but each of you has the other versions!