1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Covid separator screen to separate driver from backseat

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Stuart Cracraft, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Stuart Cracraft

Stuart Cracraft Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a Prius 2012 "Prius Two" - this according to Toyota where I bought it nearby. My question is, and they do not know, is there an after-market covid separator screen to separate driver from the backseat? I would like to get one and have it installed.

Anyone have any notion?

Thanks.

2. Paul E. Highway

Paul E. Highway Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    They are available, seen a few online. I think Lyft was going to supply them for their highest rated drivers? Google is your friend here.

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    There are thousands of Prius cars used as taxicabs, so aftermarket suppliers of taxi barriers (also called taxi dividers or taxi partitions) have compatible products, though many of these are designed to protect the driver from violence rather than pathogens, so they may cost more, require more permanent attachment to the car, and allow more air circulation, than you’d prefer.

In Europe, Toyota now sells a lightweight taxi divider that can fit third-generation Prius cars—see their blog posting and installation instructions (PDF)—but it doesn’t seem to be in the U.S. parts system. Your dealer could inquire with Toyota Motor North America; the Toyota part number is PW710-02000.

Stuart Cracraft likes this.
  4. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I've passed some Uber or Lyft drivers out here that are using Saran Wrap or plastic sheeting ;).

Something you can do in the interim while looking for a more permanent solution(y).

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i wanted one of those for the kids 25 years ago