1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Crashed my car, 200 miles later, red triangle pops up with U0129 and U0293

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by swamprt5000, Sep 22, 2019.

1. swamprt5000

swamprt5000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Basically I'm wondering if it's safe to drive this thing another 200 miles back to my parent's place. The car runs just fine for now, and drove the 200 miles away just fine.

Once I get back to my parent's place, I'm gonna sell it on craigslist for $1k (then buy another used one for $4k)

[​IMG]

Pics of damage:

Basically I ran into a wired fence and it caved in the bottom bumper.
    [​IMG]

The inner fender well on the left side also came off:
    [​IMG]

Anyway I was driving around (after driving for 200 miles) and the red triangle of death came up, along with a orange (!) on the dash. Parked it at home (1 mi away), waited an hour, tried turning it on again, red triangle still came up (but orange light went away). Then tried turning it on again 15 min after that, and the red triangle went away as well. It runs and drives just as well as it did before I crashed it.

There is no leakage, no bent frame, nothing like that. It's had P0125 and P0138 for a while now. Oil is topped off. Used a ScanGauge and engine temps sit around 1700 ETF. After crashing the car there were no new codes. After the /!\ of death came up,Techstream throws U0129 and U0293 now.

Brakes aren't bolted on quite right and cause a squeaking when i pump the brakes, but that was going on long before I crashed it.

Anyway like I said before, I'm just wondering if it's safe to drive another 200 miles. Then I'm gonna get rid of it.

Thanks in advance.

#1 swamprt5000, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    tough call. go slow with a fully charged cell phone and triple a membership

3. swamprt5000

swamprt5000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi. Just a quick update. This thing ended up lasting another 3 years! I crashed it again, and now it's dead. :( But man, what a great car. I don't think I will ever own anything other than a gen 2. These things are tanks

4. 2010moneypit?

2010moneypit? Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    How bad was the crash? Is it still drivable?

5. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Good thing you didn’t sell it for $1k three years ago. Now how much is it worth? The catalytic converter is worth $1k scrap alone.