1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CRC Turbo and Intake Valve cleaner - How to + Results

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Raj Nadar, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Raj Nadar

Raj Nadar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I just read this website post about reducing oil consumption in the Prius and one of the options is to use this product: CRC Turbo and Intake Valve cleaner.

Post: 3 Ways To Reduce Oil Consumption On Your Toyota Prius | Torque News

I haven't seen any posts where people say they have used this product and where exactly to spray the product which kinda surprised me since I figured somebody would have tried it.

Does anybody have any experience with the product and if it worked for them?

Thanks.
    Raj.

2. Raj Nadar

Raj Nadar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I saw another post on the website which states that the cleaner should be sprayed inside the throttle body. I am on the verge of trying it, but would prefer it if someone can tell me if that is the right place or not.

Perk Up Your Toyota Prius Engine and Help Slow Oil Consumption For Less Than $20 | Torque News

Thanks.

3. Palmoyas

Palmoyas New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I just used this in my 2015 Honda CRV and it made a noticeable improvement in acceleration and fuel economy. I used a more direct route to the intake chamber by using the car's brake booster vacuum line instead of going through the throttle body though (idea from a YouTube video). The CRV did throw some misfire engine codes after and would bog down upon acceleration, but after about 8 minutes everything was burned off, it was fine. I cleared the codes and they haven't come back after about 500 miles of driving.

I have a 139K Prius C and thinking about using it there too, but haven't investigated much.