1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Creaking sound from front when going uphill over bumps or turning sharpy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Rennie, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Rennie

Rennie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I am accelerating up a hill, or turning sharply and the car goes over a bump or some uneven ground, there can be a creaking sound from either side of the car. There is no popping, and doesn't occur so much going downhill or even going over bumps on the flat.

I've heard it may be sway bar end links. How would I go about checking where this noise is coming from? If there is a problem, I'd like to try and get it done before I have to get new tyres (soon), so that the wheel alignment will fix any alignment changes that may occur from replacing parts.

2005 Prius, Australian spec with all the tech.

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How many miles?

3. Rennie

Rennie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Need new struts for sure..but very few posts about bad stab links but pretty cheap to throw new set in there also... In USA tire shops will give free estimate on front suspension but start with new struts and new top steering bearing. You are right about the alignment pre tire purchase......struts...then tires.

Go online and buy oem struts with all the dust boots and the top bearing and buy 2 new stab links. Car will ride 100% better and your good for another 100k miles.

Aftermarket struts and stab links are much cheaper but are junk. Trust me. It's all Chinese junk and a waste of time. Do it right once.use original Toyota parts. Sometimes you can score some oem eBay parts.

Good luck.