1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Creaking while breaking

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jennymarie417, Sep 30, 2016.

1. jennymarie417

jennymarie417 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone have any ideas what could cause creaking while breaking? Noticed this 3 days ago and brought it back to dealership. They looked at breaks and rotors and said everything was fine and absolutely nothing was wrong. When I took the guy on a test drive to show him what I heard of course it didn't do it.

But now it's doing it again. It's not like major...but I did record it. Any ideas? I bought my Prius 7 days ago....but it's kinda making me mad.

Seems to happen more when the car is more warmed up, like when I'm almost to my destination. Adding another video.

Anyone have any ideas?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

#1 jennymarie417, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  2. jennymarie417

jennymarie417 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone? Tried posting on reddit and no one had any ideas either. I really need some help lol.

Dealership says nothing wrong. It isn't axel from my knowledge. Did what online suggested, drove in tight circles both directions no noise either way which would indicate it isn't an axel problem. Only seems to happen when I'm stopping. Turning steering wheel or keeping straight doesn't seem to make a difference but if I let off the break pedal it stops it.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This seems to be a normal noise when braking with a prius

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I hear some faint creaking just before the stop. Kind of a tick-tick-tick. Something shifting, weight resettling?

Raytheeagle likes this.
  5. jennymarie417

jennymarie417 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Why is this normal? I mean this is my first Prius but seems strange that any clicking or creaking noise while pressing break peddle would be considered normal

6. jennymarie417

jennymarie417 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    So my jiffylube offers free brake inspections. I may bring it to them tomorrow and have them look at everything and get a second opinion and check the calibers and rotors. If everything looks fine, then great then maybe everything is normal, but if something isn't right then I'll call my dealership up and demand an immediate appointment

7. jennymarie417

jennymarie417 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    So jiffylube did a ride alone and they think it's suspensions not breaks making the noise, which on the way he describes it would make sense to me. So I guess I'll just monitor it and if it gets worse bring it back but if it stays the same I'll just ignore it.

If it annoys me too much I guess I'll just have the suspensions replaced