1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cruise control, dash dimming/stereo dimming, beep doesn't work

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by buta17, Oct 28, 2018.

1. buta17

buta17 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    I
    Hi there, i have Toyota aqua 2012, from Japan. i installed cruise control manually. set the wires from spiral cable (g5 connector) to Main Ecu, also from the brake light switch to Ecu. for a 3 month it worked. but then suddenly stopped worked. changed the spiral cable, also installed wires and chacked the voltages, everything has the necessary voltages. i dont know the reason...

also the climate dimming when i turn headlight wont work, as well as stereo dimming....
    all fuses works good. i checke them all under the glove box and under the cockpit.

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    What clock spring did you replace it with?

There have been issues reported here woth poor quality clock springs being defective out of the box.

3. buta17

buta17 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    I
    It is Cheapest version, but i am sure it is not clockspring's blame. because i reinstalled another new one, also i wired cruise directly...
    also i wonder why climate panel dim/light went out... and another one problem - when headlight stays on and the key is out of ignition car doesnt make a sound

4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    It does make a sound on my C4 when I turn the car off and attempt to exit with the lights on.

5. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    sounds like there's a bridge between circuits inappropriately. At least, that would explain the dimmer problem and the headlight dinger.

I would suggest temporarily disconnecting the cruise control and checking your wiring to find this bridge, since you mentioned retrofitting that system. Basically undo the last wiring change made, and repeat it to see if it clears and repeats the problem you have now.

ztanos likes this.
  6. buta17

buta17 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    I
    yes, before last wiring try, it made a sound. but now something is demaged

everything started when i installed multifunction steering wheels, and tried to set button's illumination. did parallel wiring from stereo's illumination's wire.. but i did something wrong... from that day i am having this dimming problem. steering wheel's buttons works good. but cruise control has stopped working before climate/dash panel dimming problem. i checked many times cruise control wires but they are still holding suitable voltages, and are making changes on every move i make (press the brake pedal, press the cruise switch)... i am not living in USA. I am from Georgia.

7. buta17

buta17 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    I
    update:

finally solved all problems.
    it has fuse problem. replaced it and dimming and beep works.

i was wrong with wire pin up. accidently i put wrongly 1 wire. ecu is healthy.

ztanos likes this.