1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cruise Control Issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jonahead, May 5, 2017.

1. Jonahead

Jonahead New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My 2009 Prius has some issues with the cruise control. The problem started about 6 months ago and has progressively gotten worse. It will engage fine but will disengage when hitting a bumpy patch of road. Does anybody have any thoughts or ideas on whats going on & how to fix this?

Thanks

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    If you are hitting the bumps fast enough to activate skid control, it automatically deactivates CC. Does the deactivation occur at other times unexpectedly?

3. Jonahead

Jonahead New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well I am hitting them going down the highway but we are talking a pretty minor bump will disengage the cruise. Certainly not enough to lose traction and cause skid control to activate. Unless the skid control sensor is faulty, is there a way to disengage this feature to see if that is the issue?

4. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
  5. Tom Normand

Tom Normand Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My 2009 Prius is having this same exact problem now...cruise control is on and controlling speed...hit a bump in the road...cruise control disengages. I have tried using Mini-VCI Techstream to record the Cruise Control data while driving. I was able to capture the event, but I am unable to determine what is causing the cruise control system to disengage.