1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cruise control light blinking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by AngelFish, Dec 8, 2004.

1. AngelFish

AngelFish New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, as I was driving home last night my cruise control light began to blink. Followed the instructions in the manual - still blinking. This morning I got into the car & checked it again... No more blinking.

Has anyone else had any issues with their 04 cruise control?

2. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hmm... Nope, never have seen that. I was under the impression that the cruise control light was just showing if it was toggled on or off from the steering wheel control.

Dave

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

It will blink if there is a problem with it.

From repair manual:

If a malfunction occurs in the vehicle speed sensor, stop
    lamp switch assy or other related parts while driving with
    cruise control, and the hybrid vehicle control ECU activates
    AUTO CANCEL of the cruise control and then the
    CRUISE main indicator light starts to blink, informing the
    driver of the malfunction. At the same time, data of the
    malfunction is stored as a DTC.

If it continues, take it to the dealer for analysis/repair.

This could be the beginning symptoms of the brake lamp switch recall that's been talked about, but doesn't seem to have appeared in North America yet.

4. vpjp

vpjp New Member

Our cruise light started blinking just before problems with the ABS light coming on. Problem was corrected with replacement of the brake lamp switch.

5. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I know this thread is almost two years old, but my cruise control light has blinked at me on two occasions. I searched PC and found a couple of other threads:

Prius died on the way home...
    Brake Light Switch Recall

There were some others, but these gave the most information. IMO, anyway. I'll be asking my dealer about this when I go in for my next oil change. Maybe before then, if I can get a little free time.

6. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My 2006 has done this to me once or twice most recently last night. I will keep an eye on it and take it to the dealer if it becomes a major issue.

Does anyone know if there is any way to clear the error code and allow the use of Cruise Control again short of turning the car Off/On? I don't think that there is as I have tried everything but thought I would ask everyone here.

Also, is the error code stored in memory or is it cleared when you turn the car Off? Curious to know if you can pull the code the next day or if you have to take it to the shop as the problem is occuring as indicated by the blinking cruise light.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Chris

7. Scoreboard

Scoreboard Junior Member

Can someone share a good link for the break light recall that was posted above? I've had this problem for almost 2 years and I can't get the dealer to do anything about it.

8. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c

Attached Files: