1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cruise Control

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efrench515, Mar 13, 2006.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Not entirely sure, but I think the Coastal chip distinguishes between a short pull and a long pull on the c/c stalk, so, depending on the length of the pull, it would either send the c/c cancel signal, or the EV signal, but not both. However, you cannot use c/c in EV mode, so I don't know how the car would respond to an EV signal while in c/c mode. I've never tried it myself.

I never had cruise control before the Prius, so the resume behavior does not bother me too much. But it would be nice if stepping on the brake did not make it forget the previous set speed..

2. infohwyguy

infohwyguy New Member

Not entirely sure, but I think the Coastal chip distinguishes between a short pull and a long pull on the c/c stalk, so, depending on the length of the pull, it would either send the c/c cancel signal, or the EV signal, but not both. However, you cannot use c/c in EV mode, so I don't know how the car would respond to an EV signal while in c/c mode. I've never tried it myself.

There is no interference with the two functions on the c/c control. Applying a long pull on the stalk will always first send a cancel signal to the cruise control (which makes sense, since EV mode will not engage unless you're going under 34 mph anyway), then it attempts to put the car in EV mode.

Rick S

3. griffdb

griffdb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have two Prius cars. One is a 2006 and the other is a 2009. The c/c on the 2009 will resume after a stop at 25 MPH (which I like). The c/c on the 2006 totally forgets the speed after I have come to a complete stop. I don't understand why there is a difference.