1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cruise distance notification

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Recian, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Recian

Recian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2018 with the auto cruise that adjusts distance. While cruise is set, It constantly pops up over the energy info by the speed whenever it sees a vehicle appear, change lanes etc ahead of you. Is there a way to disable that? I've thumbed through the owners manuals.. There's so much to take in but I haven't seen anything like that yet

2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's a massive pain in the patootie. And there's no way to disable it. :mad:

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    On the multi-information display, have you tried turning off the Cruise Control Operation Display setting? It’s under Settings (⚙️) > Meter Customize > Pop-up Display On/Off. (See the Owner’s Manual (PDF), page 142.)

dbstoo likes this.
  4. dbstoo

dbstoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I actually like having that popup. It reminds me of what the cruise max speed is. It would be nice to have that permanently displayed at the top of the 12 inch display. :)

Anecdote: I was driving through a town that I occasionally visit. I was using the adaptive cruise on the main thoroughfare where the speed limit was 45. I passed through town where the speed limit changed several times. I paid not attention to the speed limit because the car was tracking perfectly. At the city limits I found myself alone on the road doing 45 in a 25 zone. I was alone except for the cop who was on the side of the road with a radar gun. I instantly hit the brakes, dropping to 25 in seconds. Fortunately, although he followed me for 2 miles he did not ticket me.

Dan

5. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have. It comes on anyway even though I turned it off for cruise control almost as soon as I got the car. I just double checked to make sure.

Elektroingenieur likes this.
  6. Diemaster

Diemaster Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That is for exactly as it says. If enabled, when you turn on the ACC or the normal CC it comes up with a little picture of the stalk showing you how to operate it. GGRREEAATT thing to distract you and read after you merge on the freeway. :rolleyes:

jerrymildred likes this.
  7. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    It's not that intrusive. I like the popup. It tells me it's working as designed.

FuelMiser and Tande like this.
  8. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ya know, maybe that picture is what gets turned off. My wife's '17 trim 2 has that picture but I don't. What I get is the picture reminding me what distance I have selected for DRCC along with the speed I had selected. It pops up all the time if there's any traffic.