1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cruise Indicator Lamp Does NOT Illuminate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ydpplqbd, May 24, 2022.

1. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Cruise indicator lamp NEVER illuminates.. However, cruise works perfectly. Is it real as simple as changing the bulb? If so, bulb size please.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Never heard of a bulb failing in the dash... Perhaps its a loose connection? Maybe pull it out and inspect?

ydpplqbd likes this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Gen 1 had replaceable incandescent bulbs for its dash indicators; its parts diagram on parts.toyota.com shows them, with the part number.

The Gen 2 parts diagram doesn't show any replaceable indicator bulbs there, so I assume those are all LEDs in Gen 2 and not expected to burn out.

There could still be something going on with that circuit plate though.

If you have access to Techstream, there is probably an active test to directly turn on that indicator. If it doesn't turn on then, that'd be direct evidence of a problem controlling the light. Have you noticed any other indicators behaving oddly?

The repair manual and wiring diagram would probably be necessities for getting it sorted:
    Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

ydpplqbd and PriusCamper like this.
  4. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    All fixed: hit a big pothole and now the CC indicator works.

Next time that i have dash apart I will look for loose connections. Clearly the bulb works.

5. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would look at the flex cable connections between the main circuit board in the Combination Meter and the sub board with all the indicator lights. I expect the hybrid control ecu to send a message to the CM- "hey turn the C/C indicator on". Then the controller in the CM (on the main board) would actually switch the LED indicator (on the sub board) on.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

ydpplqbd and PriusCamper like this.