1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cruising Range in Drive Info screen

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by GaryHere, May 6, 2015.

1. GaryHere

GaryHere Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Took it to dealer and sure enough was a gas cap code that was causing the Check Engine light. They reset it and I drove off. No charge.

bisco likes this.
  2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If they had not reset it, it should have cycled off on its own after a fixed number of power cycles. If you know the cause of the CEL, and that said cause has been remedied, then this can save you a trip to the shop.

I've used my ScanGauge to reset the CEL. Most other engine monitor / scan tool products should be able to do the same.

3. Paul Schenck

Paul Schenck Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I love saving $ driving from Costco to costco for gas and this leaves me empty at a strange gas station in Lodi or Tipton where I estimate how far to the next Costco / 40 and put in an extra gallon for peace of mind. The Prius notices more than three gallons doesn't notice less.

iPhone ?

4. PeterHaas

PeterHaas Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I also tend to plan my trips around the availability of Costco gas stations.

I tend to fill up my C1 on the same schedule as my mid-sized AWD SUV, but whereas the SUV would take a half-tank of gas at each such fillup (about 9.5 gallons ... the maimum tank capacity is 19 gallons)), my C1 seldom takes more than one "bar" of gas (about 0.97 gallons ... the maximum tank capacity is said to be about 9.7 gallons).

5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I did that for a while, but between long waiting lines, sparse availability in some areas, and some Costco's being too far off my route, gave up that strategy.

Now I check ahead for prices on one of the gas price websites, and select something based on convenience, closeness to my actual route, and type of station. (Gasbuddy.com works. Gaspricewatch.com has the same idea, but it didn't catch on as well and its volunteer spotter network has seriously atrophied.) Actual choice is often adjusted on the fly, but at least this exercise provides a fueling plan with a benchmark price.

6. Paul Schenck

Paul Schenck Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I too have begun to rely on the Waze gas location /time off route. though Costco is my hub still

7. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I still use Costco too, when it fits, but have become more selective about it.

8. TharakaD

TharakaD Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Hi all
    Interesting thing happened to me , I had to remove the 12v battery for something else after driving about 25kms from full tank

Then I saw remaining mileage of 1300kms. It usually shows about 870kms.

Any idea why.