1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cruising Range - yes I already did a forum search

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by GeoZoo, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The meter is useless for precision planning. It's value is more of an entertainment feature. I think you'd better find your instant gratification in some other (legal, moral) way.

I think even the notion of such a meter is a siren song that will lure you into the rocky shoals of roadside assist for out of gas/electricity/luck. Living with any vehicle for a while will teach you how much time/distance you have left at any given time. I have X amount left, I'm getting Y mgs for this tank, I likely have Z number of miles left until fill up. This scenario is run automatically in your head every time you get into your car, but only matters if the tank is below 1/4, you are on a trip and it's end of day, end of tank, or your next trip will intersect with end of tank.

If you plan on being one of those people that tries to see how many miles you can accumulate on a tank, then squeeze every last bit of drama from it...go ahead...but make sure you have your phone charged, reflective gear, and a good pair of walking shoes in the car. Take some water too.

Frankly, I'm finished with drama since teenage daughter left the house and joined the Navy. I break out in hives whenever I see it now.