1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Crush A Hummer?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by naterprius, Nov 3, 2005.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Keep the ideas coming! My other thought is to wait until GM goes out of business, then start crushing them, so GM doesn't build more.

I don't think a Hummer is actually heavy enough to crush a Prius. The roof is very, very strong, a Hummer only weighs 6800 lbs. Likely the H2 would roll over when it ramped up the Prius. (Which reminds me, I've seen a lot of accidents like this lately, small car vs SUV, SUV upside down. Anyone else notice this?)

Nate

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

first one I really saw as it happened was in 1987 when a fellow in a Blazer tried to cut off a Honda Civic. Civic had pretty bad damage to the front end on the passanger side and the Blazer was on it's roof. This would have been an injury free accident because both drivers were wearing seat belts, but the guy in the Blazer got a broken neck when some smart nice person cut his seat belt and he dropped on his head on the roof.

3. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    SUVs are so unstable it doesn't surprise me. Here in Colorado about 60% of the vehicles stranded in the median or shoulder during snow storms are SUVs. About half of those are on their sides.

Now, the military HMMWV is a fabulous vehicle that should NOT EVER be compared to those worthless civilian knock-offs. Especially the POS H2. The HMMWV can go just about anywhere. They do especially well in the desert. The Jungle less so because they're so wide it's hard to get down trails without getting wedged between trees. And the best part is you don't care if a tree scratches down the side. The paint job is a minimal consideration. How many H2 owners can actually say that they've taken their vehicle off road and really run it hard? Probably about 2%. The rest are just pampering saudi funding, lane obscuring, pollution spewing, nasty, selfish habits. I would have paid good money to have seen an H2 sitting out in the impact area. I think a 155 round would do nicely. But that's just me.

So, Nate, I agree. Let's trash one (the Excursion would be a fabulous replacement) and THEN drive 10K Prii to D.C.

4. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Or throwing eggs at people during Halloween...

" A 13-year-old boy may lose sight in one of his eyes after he was hit with an egg on Halloween in Woodbury.

According to detectives, the victim and three friends were walking on Chaucey Place when they were approached by a silver H2 Hummer occupied by two to four men they didn't know.
    "

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisla...mostemailedlink

5. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The best way to get answers is to ask questions. such as: what is the "B" position for? do these things really get 60 mpg? or isn't this topic in the wrong forum?

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes. Actually, if you want to introduce yourself, it would be best to start a new thread.

1) Click "Forums" in the Navigation menu (top-left)
    2) Select the forum that best describes what you're going to post about and click into it
    3) Click "New Topic" in the top-right.
    4) Introduce yourself.

Oh and WELCOME TO PRIUSCHAT! B) ;)

7. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No, it might not make a difference. But it would be a ton (or several tons) of fun to do. :D

8. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Back during the 1970s (or was it the 1980s) some people who worked for detroit auto manufacturers would buy Japanese cars (old ones not new ones) and beat them into a pile of junk with sledge hammers and baseball bats to convince consumers that they should "buy American". I don't know if they had any fun or not but they certainly made themselves look like idiots, and I doubt they helped their cause one iota. This idea would most likely accomplish the same thing.

9. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Tumbleweed, you're almost certainly right, but man, blowing stuff up is REALLY fun (at least at first, it does wear a bit thin after a while). Actually, if we didn't publicize the event it would still be worth the $5 and only we would know that we were being childish and silly. :D

10. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

Yeaaeah... That's the american spirit! blown stuff up.

Blow'd up everything!
    :lol:

11. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Aw, cut me some slack LM. I was in the Field Artillery for 7 years. ;)

12. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't care for Hummers either, but your statement makes you sound like a left wing nut job, Nate. Like someone else said, don't you have anything better to do w/ your time?