1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Current Best Price SoCalifornia

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by zapprint, Jul 7, 2007.

1. swiftyprius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm just back from Keary Mesa in San Diego with an 08 basic Package 5 for 24800. Out the door with Lojack and fees was 27.6 k.

2. Banjoman

Banjoman Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CoronaPrinter @ Aug 2 2007, 03:48 PM) [snapback]489625[/snapback]</div>
    My dealer tried to sell the "security device" starting at $950. He kept coming down to finally under $500. I didn't take it. I went back to the dealer and made a "big deal" about it--trying to make me buy an extra alarm when the car came with one. (Like trying to sell me a spare steering wheel :eek: )

Dealer said their alarm included glass brake detection. I knew that feature was less than $200 retail from Toyota and told him so. He told me I should get it because they had two cars stolen from their lot in the past month. I pointed out the special alarm must not work too well then. :p

The dealer ended up giving me a "premium" clay polish/wax and stain-guard treatment for free.

Turns out the dealer puts these alarms on the cars with the same "combination" so salespeople can open any car with just one remote. (If the customer buys it, they make extra $ too.)