1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Current Tire Recommendation List?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by eseerc, Apr 30, 2019.

1. eseerc

eseerc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi everyone,

A few years ago, I stumbled across a very comprehensive list of recommended tires here in the forums. I found the information to be very informative and used the information to decide on the purchase of Bridgestone Ecopia 422 tires for my 2010 Prius. I was able to get 65k from them with no complaints.

I then decided to purchase the Ecopia 422+ in May of 2017 and currently have about 43k on these tires. I don't know what is different, but I have not been happy with this set of tires. They are more noisy and are wearing very oddly. The outer edge of one of the tires is worn significantly more than the rest of the tire or other tires on the vehicle. I have my Prius serviced at the local dealership (they treat me very well and I trust them) and they believe the odd wear is a tire issue as there is no issues with the alignment or anything else that would cause this.

Unfortunately, I did not purchase the tires from the dealership (Sam's club had a nice sale).

All of this being said, I am interested in getting feedback on this tire in particular (Ecopia 422+) as well as recommendations for an "eco" summer tire. I live up north, but use a dedicated winter set of tires for the snow. Any and all input is appreciated. Thank you!

2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Take the tires back to Sam’s Club, and see what their opinion is on the issue. That kind of wear doesn’t sound like it’s a tire issue to me, and I suspect something wrong with the suspension/alignment, in contrast to your trust of your dealer I’m afraid. Best bet here is to get an opinion where you purchased them. Sam’s does not sell alignments nor suspension repairs as far as I know so can give you an unbiased professional opinion...

3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yay another tire recommendation post!!!