1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Curt 56147 Trailer Wiring Harness for PIP

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Thumper14, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Thumper14

Thumper14 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Do these really not work on a 2014 PIP? I searched and found discussions on it but has anyone gotten it to work? If not, is there a direct wire harness kit from any manufacturer that works (plug and play, no splicing) for a 2014 PIP?

Thanks!

2. Walter Veselka

Walter Veselka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I used this frin Draw-Tite on my 2012 & have no issues. It is direct connection to existing harness.
    T-One Connector with Upgraded Circuit Protected ModuLite
    Tow Ready (Part Number:118505)

3. Thumper14

Thumper14 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi Walter,

Many thanks! So that plugged in directo to your Plug-In Prius with no cutting wires or splicing?

4. Walter Veselka

Walter Veselka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Other than connecting a ground & fused power lead on battery it was fixed unplug, insert and reconnect connections

5. Wolfman33

Wolfman33 Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Thumper, did you get one yet?

6. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The Curt harness will work, that is what I am using. I have been experiencing an intermittent traction control light on the dash which turned out to be a C1380 stop light relay circuit malfunction. I did just get a new trailer so I'm not sure if it's that or the Valenti taillights or the Curt harness. Both times it happened though, the trailer was not attached. And I've had the Curt harness installed several years now so it isn't new to the car or the weather.

7. paco182

paco182 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks Walter. I have a 2012 Prius Plug-In and the p/n 118505 worked perfectly. I did a bunch of cross researching this topic and think that Draw-Tite and E-Trailer did not want to spend the money to thoroughly test this T-One Connector for the "Plug-In version" of the Prius. It would cost them extra $$ to test and the plug-in market is not nearly as big as the regular Prius...they might not sell enough extra connectors to justify the added expense of testing it on the Plug-In so they could stand behind it.
    The T-One connector has the proper sized connectors for the Plug-in and all lights...brake, turn signals and marker lights worked fine.
    Hope this helps those with Plug-In versions of the Prius to get a connector that works.
    Good Luck,
    John

Yea Right likes this.
  8. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As an update, I had a bad ground on the Curt harness causing that code. No issues since fixing that!

iPhone ?