1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cusco Strut Brace/ Blitz Suction Kit/ TRD Rear Sway Bar

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by robot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. robot

robot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Finished installation of a few suspension upgrades and the suction kit was more a aesthetic improvement than anything else (unless coupled with some other drastic upgrades I'm sure it won't see gains on its own).

I have a 2015 Prius C and I know with earlier models there was concern that the RHD version of the Cusco strut bar made reassembly of parts difficult as it covered up a few mounting points. Not sure if Cusco or Toyota made design changes but I have zero issues with engine compartment access. Everything re-attached just fine and access of the fusebox, etc. is of no concern. The cowl is a bit time-consuming to take off completely but the actual installation is painless. I just disconnected the wiper motor power cable and left the windshield wiper fluid line attached (just moved the plastic portion of the cowl and stood it up vertically on the side of the car.

Rear sway bar was a super simple bolt-on installation, took about 15 minutes (most of that spent finding the right tool to fit the bolt head (TRD provides a different size from the pre-existing bolt on the car) and using the jack/removing the tires. Actual installation probably took about 5 minutes.

Burna J likes this.
  2. InPriusLove

InPriusLove Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    What difference(s) does this make on the ride, handling, comfort, and mpg?

3. robot

robot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    InPriusLove, the analysis is definitely not scientific ("seat of your pants" was a great way I've heard this method described in other posts) but no change in mileage so far. Comfort level is about the same, but there is a positive change on the handling. The car feels much stiffer going into turns as well as the during the sequence as the car straightens out.

For the Prius c I wasn't looking for any performance gains but did want to stiffen the ride a bit and the strut bar and rear sway does just enough for me. I'm sure you'll see better performance with tires/springs but as a commuter car the two add-ons fit the bill.

I'm sure the metal in the suction kit reduces the resistance to air flow compared to the stock rubber piece but I'm sure the gains are negligible. It was definitely more for looks than anything else.

4. InPriusLove

InPriusLove Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    So by stiffer handling you are able to make sharper turns with less swaying?

5. Priusc-2

Priusc-2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Where did you buy the rear sway bar?

6. robot

robot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yup, the car feels more solid throughout the turn. It doesn't drastically change things but it does make a decent improvement.

I made my purchase at bochtoyotasouth (can't seem to post links yet). Part number PTR11-52071. It was the cheapest price I could find.

7. Hyper Hybrid

Hyper Hybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    The rear axel assembly is same as the Yaris. TRD PTR11-52071 for 08-13 Scion fit perfect. Half hour install was piece of cake. Got mine from ToyotaMall on eBay. Best handling improvement I have made to car.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

pvt likes this.