1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Custom Lighting

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Flengineer, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Flengineer

Flengineer New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I am creating interior and exterior lights for my 2012 Prius v. I have programmed an arduino to handle all of the controls and tapped constaint 12v from the fuse panel, switched 12v from the lighter plug. All I need now is some kind of indication that the dome light is on without running a wire up to the dome light.

My arduino is currently programmed to have very dim color LEDs under the dash and rear seats while the car is on. If a door is opened or when you approach the car the dome light comes on, those LEDs will change to bright white as well as LEDs mounted under the car will turn on.

I am using an arduino nano and ws2812 led strips. I've mounted a push button where the seater button should be to change the color of the LEDs.

2. Flengineer

Flengineer New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    To clarify. I'm not looking to power anything with the dome light circuit. I simply need some way of knowing when it's on. If I can find a 12v circuit in the dash I will use a voltage divider which only draws 0.2mA