1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Custom speaker box??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by clokwise, Jun 21, 2012.

1. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Khoi:
    • It's above the 12v battery
    • It is removable(it slide in place), but the end user needs to use some type of tie-down, which can be accomplished theough the small openeing for the tail lamps (search the forum, it's been done)
    • It can hold some pretty beastly 10" subs - Hertx HX250d, JL 10w3 (again, a forum search will help)
    • I would recommend an amp for any sub, as the stock head unit just won't drive it.
    Hasbeen - I'm a long time fan of the MGB. I have a 71 B that's being prepped for a Ford 5.0 engine, a stock fuel injected (rare) 81 TR7, and just picked up a 95 XJ6.

2. clokwise

clokwise Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow thats nice, that is almost exactly what I'm looking for. The only exception I would be interested in is having a powered speaker instead of having to hide an amp away as well, or will this box hide the amp also? I def don't want/need anything that slams. I'd just like to have the option for a little rumble when I want it.

3. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    sorry, speaker only.

4. kknguyen1168

kknguyen1168 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    hi all

finally I have some free time yesterday to install all 4 speakers and GTMAT all 4 doors and the trunk, it took me all day to do all that, after install all that, the sound is about 25% better, I thinks because the JBL amps is not power enough to drive all 4 new speakers, the sound more clearer than stock JBL speaker, with GTMAT installed, the car is now quite a lot but still hear wind noise:), plan to do the back seat this weekend hope it help some more.

V/r

Khoi Nguyen

5. has been

has been vote for anyone except Trump

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    nice work khoi
    good luck on your weekend project
    we'd love to see the pictures of your process / results