1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Customers Can Order A Volkswagen ID.3 First Edition Starting June 17

Discussion in 'Volkswagen AG Hybrids and EVs' started by Tideland Prius, May 9, 2020.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good news if you're in Europe.

Customers Can Order A Volkswagen ID.3 First Edition Starting June 17 | CleanTechnica

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Guess it's good it's not available in the US as the upgraded - more expensive version comes with ....
    we installed 3-phase rotary conversion motor for our commercial Mill. Not a cheap way to go but it's what you'd have to do -- unless they came up with something more practical for the u.s.
    But it's a moot point, since we don't get the car here in the US anyway.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Seems like the Europeans are going that way. The 2021 Jaguar I-Pace will have an upgraded AC charger to take advantage of 3-phase level 2 charging.

I'm currently under utilizing a 6-50R for the Prime lol. Could've gotten a Model 3 LR and take full advantage of the 50A outlet. It is 3-phase (confirmed with a Model S owner)

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Three-phase is more readily available in Europe; it is even in homes. Renault's primary BEV had a charger that could handle something like 27kW. But I remember reading that the public 'level 3' AC chargers have fallen out of favor for DC.