1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CV Axle Recommendation

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Matthew C., Apr 27, 2023.

1. Matthew C.

Matthew C. New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hello Prius Community,

All the info below is for my 2013 plug-in Prius. I recently bought and replaced my front passenger-side OEM axle with an A1 Cardone axle. I was getting vibrations and an overall bumpy ride with the old OEM axle which is now fixed with the A1 Cardone one. Unfortunately, I'm hearing some pops and clicking sounds whenever I accelerate, brake, or go over speed bumps. The clicks also appear occasionally, but not all the time when I turn at low speeds, although much less pronounced than when accelerating/braking. I'm assuming it has to do with the new A1 Cardone axle since that's the only thing that changed. The sounds also started to appear once this axle swap happened.

An article I read outlined that clicking sounds when accelerating or braking in succession may point to the inner CV joint being the culprit. Any recommendations on what I should check to verify this? What brand of axle should I look into if I end up returning the A1 Cardone one? Thank you for the help! I appreciate any info.