1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

D/C cut fuse

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Georgina Rudkus, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Removing this fuse cuts off all the parasitic drains on the 12 volt.

It is used at the factory during transport and can be removed for long term storage.

It is #38 in the underhood fuse box.

Toyota Prius (XW50) (2015-2019) Fuse Diagram • FuseCheck.com

Removing this fuse cuts off power to circuits 24, 25 and 26 in the passenger compartment fuse box.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Thanks for sharing this. I’m not sure I’d recommend removing the D/C CUT fuse, however. By design, this reduces but doesn’t completely curtail the parasitic load, since it was meant to leave the car drivable for loading and unloading on its way from the assembly plant to the dealer.

For cars that will be parked a while, I’d suggest instead to follow Toyota’s recommendations for new vehicles that will be stored at dealers for 30 days or more. See bulletins T-SB-0037-20, “Long-Term Vehicle Storage Guidelines” (PDF), and T-SB-0040-20, “Maintenance for HV and Auxiliary Batteries” (PDF), which suggest to disconnect the negative (–) terminal of the auxiliary (12-volt) battery, which stops parasitic drain, of course, but not the self-discharge of the auxiliary or HV batteries. For that, the latter bulletin also says to run the hybrid system for 30 minutes, at least once every two months.

Toyota’s pre-delivery service (PDS) check sheets say that removing the D/C CUT fuse can cause diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) B1650, B1794, U0100, U0142, and U0155 to be stored. These DTCs, and any related freeze frame data, should be cleared using a Toyota Techstream diagnostic system after the car is returned to service, as a dealer would after reinstalling the D/C CUT fuse during PDS.

Mendel Leisk and alanclarkeau like this.