1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Damn you Eco Score display!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by j_benj, Apr 11, 2012.

1. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It confuses the heck out of me.

I start full EV and drive close to a mile (still have over half battery)
    and the thing gives me 3 bars 67!

Then I can start from a dead stop and get up in the power red range going up a hill
    and all....and get 5 bars!!!

Damn thing! haha, it all good and fun though.

5/4/5 with a 97 is the highest I got.

2. kindlewood

kindlewood New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I actually don't drive with the eco score anymore. I like the screen that shows where the energy is going, or coming from.

My confusion with the eco score was that I usually seemed to average between 80 and 90, but was getting over 70mpg at the same time. Then my father drives my car once, drives it with a lead foot for around twenty miles, barely gets 54mpg, yet he pulled off a score of 95!?!?

He was super proud of his score of 95, but I couldn't get past his "lousy" 54mpg. I even drove the car back, using the same route, pulled off an amazing 77.2mpg and only got an eco score of 83?!?! I gave up on it after that and haven't looked back.

3. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Even the manual states that Eco score does not necessarily correlate with mpg results. I focus on the mpgs, and look at the Eco score more for fun, without really trying to get good scores.