1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dang it... I just fell in love w/ a Prius c THREE. But I'm nervous.

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by SpartanWoman, Apr 25, 2017.

1. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You really believe what you posted? Having worked at a dealership for nearly 20 years, I can tell you first hand your the type of individual we all laugh about as soon as you roll off the lot. First, an "odd colored" car generally sells the fastest. Why? Couldn't tell you, but they typically don't stay on the lot long. Second, Most of us in the car business know each other. I cannot count the number of times I've been called and asked if "so and so" was just on your lot. Sales guys/gals know all the other sales guys/gals in town and just like everyone else, they keep in touch.

Lastly, your theory about walking out once your about to get a good deal. Go ahead and please don't come back. Because truthfully, all you did was waste the guy/gals time. Those guys generally make a $100 off of any sale. So can you feed your family on that? Don't waste their time and be an nice person. Just be honest off the get go and you'll get honesty right back. Salesperson appreciates the unwasted time and you still get the deal you wanted.

roadrunner likes this.
  2. Sean Nelson

Sean Nelson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    But here's the thing: due to the adversarial nature of car buying, the poor schmuck (also known as the "customer") has no idea whether the deal is fair or not. None! There's only one way to know for sure - walk out and see if a better deal is offered. There's no other way to be sure that dealers isn't lying through his teeth when he claims that's the "lowest price I can possibly offer".

gamma742 likes this.
  3. fistofthesouthstar

fistofthesouthstar New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Bought my new Prius c 2016 for 16k out the door taxes included. That was last year. So it does work.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

rhodeislandhntr likes this.
  4. fistofthesouthstar

fistofthesouthstar New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Will there be dealers that will laugh at me for my bullshit yeah! Will there be a dealer that will try to make me happy and sell a car because they need to sell a car that month.... Yes

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

rhodeislandhntr and bisco like this.
  5. rhodeislandhntr

rhodeislandhntr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Bought my 16 prius c II new, 3 miles on it for 15 ,400 out the door. Granted had a roll over from my truck but it was worth it.

6. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I traded in my 2012 Habanero (bright orange) Prius C which was all modded out. The dealer sold it in a week! Little old lady bought it. So you can't always go by the color of the car, if it will sell or not.

7. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    lol - ok... I love the car business for the laughs.