1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Danny needs help from our members for site content!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, May 5, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, it didn't take as long to find it as I thought it would, just went on a hunch and it was right.

The Archive ( http://priuschat.com/forums/archive/ ) has all of the threads NOT in the order of their latest reply, but in the order of their original post to the board.

For instance, there was a thread titled "Let's do it again! Let's hear where you're from!" and it was started December 2nd, but was last replied to in July. Because it's from December 2nd originally, it's listed as the 5th thread from the end:

http://priuschat.com/forums/archive/o_f/f_...1350/index.html

Does that help? Unforunately that's by each individual Forum, not the entire overall site.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Danny, that's awesome!
    All I wanted was a way skim the subject lines and pick out the ones that looked like I want to read or re-read.

Thanks, man.
    I was hoping it would be easy and not require you to perform some heavy duty coding.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wow that would be cool!

there are a lot of threads i would like to file just as reference materials but lose track of them quickly when they become inactive.

being able to bookmark them would be very very nice!!

4. Batavier

Batavier Member

Bookmarking sounds great!

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Bookmarking is a great idea. This might require some coding on Danny's part though. I was thinking of a "Favorites" marker. That when we are reading a thread, we can click an icon or check a box that marks the thread as a favorite. Then on the Nav bar on the top-left of the page there would be a link to our personal favorites.

Just a thought.

6. Batavier

Batavier Member

Aye, that would work as well, Tony! It's so often you read a topic and think, "Ah, it'd be nice to keep this". Pressing CTRL+D adds the current address in the Internet Explorer Adress Bar into your favourites, but not in a certain folder, which makes it less suitable for this kind of topic 'saving'.

So a little button would be nice!