1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Danny's New Prius at Grossinger Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TonyPSchaefer, Jul 16, 2006.

1. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    True Mike, but you didn't leave to avoid the picture!

Wayne

Keep your practice up...in little traffic.

2. Drifter

Drifter Member

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Extra points to TJ for having the ice cream there- I think some of us would have melted without it.

It was good to meet so many of our newer members, to have faces to go with the screen names. And of course I enjoyed seeing the long term chicago priuschat members again too. I hope Danny, Nicole, Tim and TMS USA enjoy the rest of their stay in chicago. Thank you all for traveling so far to come see us.

FireEngineer- How do you know that I didn't have somewhere I REALLY had to be that I couldn't wait those extra three minutes? :)

Hope to see a lot of you at Hybridfest and the Illinois Renewable Energy Fair!

3. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

[​IMG]

Wayne's canopy for sale....

[​IMG]

toyota hycam trunk
    [​IMG]

toyota hycam under the hood
    [​IMG]

NEVER let tony eat. We have a choice.... jokes + tony eatting or Tony Napping.... you pick which is worse :-P
    [​IMG]

People wandering
    [​IMG]

10 prius + People
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Darrel made it too...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wayne the hyper miler...
    [​IMG]

4. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Jul 17 2006, 08:16 AM) [snapback]287501[/snapback]</div>
    Uh-oh, you blew her cover! Now there'll be an independent panel set up to investigate this leak! B)

Despite the wilting heat, I was rather impressed that TMS USA came from California just for the event, AlphaTeam from Michigan, of course Danny and entourage from SC. (Not sure if there was any other long-distance travelers, I didn't get a chance to talk to everybody).

The last picture of post #6 shows Krainium, who also left before the group picture.

And of course, it's now official, Danny has groupies stopping him in the streets! :lol: I don't have time to tell the story properly, however. I did get my (complimentary) PriusChat calendar autographed, so I'm happy now. :D

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    nice pics! seemed like fun. Congrats Danny!

6. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Looks like fun! Glad everyone had a good time despite the heat! :)

7. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

Congrats on your new Prius!! It's about time! :)

8. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ok now that I've had some rest. I can post.
    It was very nice for TJ of Grossinger to put on such a nice spread. It was worth the little extra drive to get there. I wish he was closer to be. I'd get my next car from him.

What I liked about it was seeing what everyone looks like. No one ever looks like what you think they will.

I think next time with the forum world we all need to print out our avatars and wear them on our name tags also.

9. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Very nice pictures and shows that the event was a suscess, now it will be a lot of familiar faces while typing replays. CONGRATULATIONS Danny on you new gray '06 ;)

10. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AlphaTeam @ Jul 17 2006, 09:08 PM) [snapback]287913[/snapback]</div>
    What are you talking about?

I think that of all the people there, you and I most closely resemble our respective avatars.

11. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes, it was truly exciting to attend this special event. Congratulations still again on your new "baby." That metallic grey Prius is almost as beautiful as your fiancee - OK, OK, not even close since Nichole is stunning. And warm & personable. You're a lucky guy.

As everyone mentioned before, TJ was the penultimate host - providing the background work needed to put together this get-together. He did Grossinger proud! Hopefully we'll be seeing him again soon when we pick up our Prius in a week or two.

I'm still in my current pre-Prius waiting period, it was great talking to people who were so very knowledgeable about the Prius. Special thanks to joleta for taking so much time with me to show me all the potentially hidden places in the Prius. Now I know where all the plugs are, how to efficiently shut the trunk, & the location of the secret areas in the trunk.

I enjoyed speaking to mikel_52, TonyPSchaefer (oops, I meant Sylvester V. Chesterton III!), AlphaTeam, krainium, nerfer, Drifter, Fineagedwine43, etc. Another special thanks to FireEngineer for setting up his tent & sharing all his tips & tricks. In about 100 degree heat, it took a lot of stamina to stay outside to discuss the finer details of doing this or that.

It wasn't until the very end that I met & realized that tmusa was a Toyota representative. Mega-impressed that he flew out from California to this Prius event. That he participates in these boards (again, something I wasn't aware of) is proof that Toyota is listening. ::hint:: ::hint:: how about those adjustable seats & built-in side moldings? ;-)

Needless to say, I left with memories of a super experience. Can't wait to finally get our Prius so we can emerge from the "lurking" phase of our participation in this forum.

And hey, what about that one-of-a-kind Prius calendar & decal!

12. Drifter

Drifter Member

Jane, congrats on your conversion from Jane (guest) to Starfall, and your very first post!

It was nice meeting you and Gene, and I hope to see you at future chicago priuschat meetups!

13. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    :D :D Sure looks like a very good time was had by all !!!!! Congrats Danny and "future Mrs. Danny" !! I hope you both enjoy your Prius as much as we all do........

btw, i didn't see any in my color there (silver pine mica)??? :blink:

14. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I am sorry I wasn't able to make it to meet you Danny, Nichole and the rest of the gang. I would have except for the fact that I am gonna have a total knee replacement surgery in a few days and my knee vetoed the part of my brain which wanted to go. But after healing I will certainly attend any midwest event near me.

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves. I sure enjoyed seeing the photos.

Til the next time

Tony, ya still owe me a lunch. hehe

Cheers

15. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Holy Crap!

McGarrett says:

"Congratulations Danny-O!"

[​IMG]

16. momfortheenvironment

man it figures the hybrid fest is in Madison WI next weekend, I just was there 3 times for work. bummer! I did see quite a few while out there.

17. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Looks like fun to me. I may or may not have been there all be it at 38 thousand feet! I tried looking out the window but I could not see the event. Congratulations Danny! Good luck and God bless!

18. mikel 52

mikel 52 Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Finall, I have a chance to post. I've been running around like crazy since Sunday.
    It was a wonderful event. I really enjoyed meeting and talking with everyone. TJ did a great job of getting it all together. Thanks for the food and ice cold water and ice cream.
    I was kind of surprised I had the only classic there. For some reason I thought there might be a few.
    Congrats again Danny. Bet you're having a fun trip back home.

19. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hey all! I'm swamped with emails with PriusChat and the Accessory Shop, not to mention my actual 9-5 job that I'm supposed to be catching up on right now, but I wanted to post and let everyone know that Nichole and I made it home safely last night around midnight.

I had a great time meeting everyone, and as everyone else has posted, TJ was a great host. I'll post more details later (tonight hopefully), but I thought I'd drop in and let everyone know that I got 46 MPG on the way home! 1,028 miles and counting...

20. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jul 18 2006, 10:17 AM) [snapback]288112[/snapback]</div>
    You should talk! Looking through the pictures from this event (looks like it was fun, BTW), the person who shocked me the most (as to what they looked like vs. the picture I had in my head) was YOU, Tony.

Maybe I shouldn't tell you the picture I had in my head. . . :eek: