1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash cover and windshield shade

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Roger3125, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

I'm sold on getting a pair of retractable windshiled shades. A freind has them on her car and they look and work wonderful. While filling out the order form the questions was asked "Do you have a dashboard cover?" Apparently they make them to order and if you have a dashboard cover the retractable shade must e cut 1 inch shorter. Sooooo....my question is....for those in the know....what are the pros and cons of a dash cover and do we need one on the Prius.

The retractable windshield cover I plan to get is the Eclipse. Go to Google.com and place "Eclipse Sun Shade" on the search line.

2. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    IMHO, if you're going to use a windshield shade, there's no reason to have a dashboard cover. I have the windshield shade, and it works very nicely (but is a pain to roll/unroll). I don't use it here in SAN unless I'm going to park in the sun for over an hr.

3. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(derk @ Dec 2 2006, 09:56 PM) [snapback]356829[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks. You just saved me $45 and you're right. Besides its not like we are trying to stop the dash from cracking or fading. Now...you say your shade works great but its a pain. Can you elaborate on this a little?

Thanks for helping me make up my mind. Did you get the Eclipse Windshield shade or another?

4. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

Well I was about to place my order and ona whjm I sat it in the car and what do yuou know...I can't reach the right side of the windshield from the driving position. Are my arms short or do you have the same problem?