1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash cover & similar arm rest cover ...

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by TMosh, Jul 28, 2013.

1. TMosh

TMosh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have become used to a velour dash cover by DASH DESIGNS. I did buy DASH DESIGNS's product for my '13 Prius v, costing about $54 including shipping. I did have DASH DESIGNS's 'flap' over the upper glove box trimmed off by local upholstery shop. Seeing virtually unremoveable lint, etc. accumulating on arm rest & reading of dissatisfaction with stock arm rest cover over time, I had upholstery shop fashion a similar velour cover for armrest, following my patter, at cost of about $44. Dash cover has a few velcro connections & armrest is velcro & double sided tape. Why velour covers? In 7.5 years of dash cover on my Honda CR-V, I never once dusted my dash or removed dash cover! Here are pics (I hope!).
    P1010543.jpg P1010544.jpg

Chazz8 likes this.
  2. Corpus Delicti

Corpus Delicti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a few questions about your dash cover. I am considering buying one. I have to do a lot of driving on dusty roads with a window open. This means an almost daily dusting of the dash, not to mention the rest of the car, and a dash cover would save me a lot of time.
    1. How thick is your velour dash cover? In the photo it looks kind of bulky - is it?
    2. The piece that covers the flat part directly in front of the display - is that included as part of the dash cover or did you add that?
    3. I like the idea of removing the flap that covered the upper glove box. Is there any interference with the glove box now? For example, if you open the glove box does it stay open? Does the dash cover get caught when closing the glove box?
    4. In your opinion, do you think the velour would be easy to remove and vacuum as compared to the other materials that Dash Designs offers?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.