1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash/Instrument Panel Dead

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Hybrid Hobo, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Hybrid Hobo

Hybrid Hobo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm Prius shopping now for a Gen 2, and on one of the vehicles I'm considering, the dash/instrument panel is dead on the right-hand side...as in none of the icons illuminate when they're supposed to. The left side appears to be working fine (see photo link below). Vehicle runs perfectly in spite of this.

I'm not a car guy at all, total greenhorn. However, my assumption would be that maybe a fuse blew out or something similar.

I realize there could be MANY things behind this like a short, bad wiring connection, fuse, etc., but does anyone have any guesses at to what the most likely culprit might be? Don't want to purchase a car and then have to invest another set of hundreds (or more) if the problem could be deeper.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    classic combination meter failure. texashybridbatteries.com for a $150. part and diy, or $1,000. at a dealer

3. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    At least it happened before you bought it.

Gen2_Accel likes this.