1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash Kits and MFD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by MochaNeko, Mar 9, 2020.

1. MochaNeko

MochaNeko New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been looking at, quite frankly, a lot of possible things to add to and replace on my Prius 2nd Gen. One of those things is dash kits. Granted, getting one is a little down the road for me because I'm saving for a trip, but looking at the images for all the kits I've seen so far shows only 4 buttons on the sides of the MFD. My Prius came with the 7 buttons. Does anyone know if that will affect anything?

Another thing is I actually am looking to replace one of those buttons, specifically the climate button. It was worn when I bought the car and it just looks tacky. But I can't for the life of me find anywhere online with replacement buttons. I would think a button would be a relatively simple thing to replace?

Attached a picture for reference on the button. All the other buttons are fine.

Attached Files:

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    a lot of times the buttons on dashes and steering wheels aren't meant to be removed, and you either have to be a wizard at taking stuff apart or buy the whole assembly. you might find a good deal on an undamaged MFD on ebay.

MochaNeko likes this.