1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash light sensitivity

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by liskipper, Dec 27, 2016.

1. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    In a 2013 three, does anyone know how to change the light sensitivity so the dash lighting stays in daylight mode with lower ambient light? The manual says it can be done but doesn't say how. Same for unlocking all doors when drivers door is unlocked with keyless system.
    Thanks.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there should be a dimmer wheel to the lower left of the steering wheel on the dash.

the manual describes how to hold the fob buttons down to reprogram door locking priority.

3. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks, but I am talking about the ambient light sensor that automatically dims the dash lights.

bisco likes this.
  4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The way the dealer would adjust that sensitivity is by connecting to the car with Techstream. There are also threads in this forum on how DIYers can do that.

The 'Carista' phone app probably lets you change the same settings.

What audio headunit does your car have? I think some of the ones available starting in 2012 began to offer a vehicle customization menu with access to some of the same settings.

-Chap

5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you spun that dimmer wheel all the way to the bright direction, including clicking over the detent at the end? Without that click, it won't be in full daylight mode.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i have a day/night setting on the gps, but never noticed the dash lights dimming unless i turn the headlights on. and when i say dash lights, i mean speedo and etc.

7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If your car didn't either come with auto headlights, or have the auto headlight mod done, you won't notice auto dash light dimming, and the sensitivity setting won't interest you. :)

-Chap

8. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It doesn't have autoheadlights, but when the headlights are on during the day the dash and GPS are at full brightness. When I enter a tunnel or go under an underpass the dash lights dim and the GPS goes into night mode. What I am trying to do is change the ambient light sensitivity because the dash dims and the GPS goes into night mode too early, when it is just dusk and I would like them to stay in daylight mode longer. I know I can force it by putting the dimmer wheel all the up but would rather the sensor do it automatically.