1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash lights Help! No code on scanner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Benb870, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Benb870

Benb870 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    image.jpg Hello,

I recently had Toyota perform the radiator fluid change and the hybrid fluid change, a month ago. Since then, I have had sporadic trouble with the warning lights coming on. It started originally with when I started the car a long continuous beep with the emergency brake light on, the VSC light the ABS light and the! Light on. This would stay on for about 10 seconds and then go off. Now it seems that these lights are continuously on. I can hear the pump running for the hybrid coolant system. In the car seems to be driving normally. Has anybody experienced these for lights on? What could it possibly be as the scan tool reveals no codes pending.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you need a proper scanner. sounds like toy caused the problem, why not take it back?

valde3 likes this.
  3. Benb870

Benb870 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I ran the voltage check and it seems ok for the 12v battery, but the lights went off the next day. Drove it for another week without issues, and now back on......ugh... Does this sound like a weak 12 v battery? Cars runs good, no mileage loss issues.

4. Benb870

Benb870 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just ran another voltage check and found that with the headlights in the AC running without the engine running and accessory mode voltage was 10.9 and stayed in the 11 range. Once I started the car the voltage went back up to 14.1

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what is the voltage with everything off?

6. Benb870

Benb870 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Barely 12.0. It goes from 12.1 to 11.9 or 11.8.

7. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You realise that means your 12 V battery is flat. If it is in good condition (which I doubt) it needs to be charged up at the very least. However, even doing that I very strongly suspect that the battery will not hold a charge. Just replace it and be done with it for another 4-6 years.

If you want to have the car charge it (if you don't have a battery charger), you will need to leave the car on in READY mode sitting on your driveway (or other secure location) for 8-12 hours. Or, drive it for that long.