1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash lights intermittently not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Christine Tylor, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Christine Tylor

Christine Tylor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A week ago my dash lights - speed, etc.wouldn't come on when I started my 2007 prius, only engine, blinkers and, warning lights came on when they were meant to. everything else was operating as it should: both engines, can drive, put in park etc. When I switched the car on a few hours later the dash lights were fully operational, and have worked for a week. But the problem returned this morning. We have ants that sometime cause intermittent electrical problems in cars so I thought that may be the cause but I have since sprayed surface spray just inside the bonnet/good, so that should prevent ant problems. If it's a fuse I don't know which one. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sound like Combination Meter Display Problem. Lots of threads about that one! Use search?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    usually a bad solder joint on the board. you can get a rebuilt on eBay i believe.

Christine Tylor likes this.
  4. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You can try Matt at Texas Hybrid Batteries. Good reputation here on Prius Chat, and a physical business; not done from his garage.
    Texas Prius Battery Replacement

5. Christine Tylor

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thank you. I did look at other posts, but they seemed to involve additional associated problems , like can't switch the car off, whereas everything else is working in my case

6. Christine Tylor

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you. I'm based in Darwin Australia where only option is Toyota service, but it's always good to go in with an idea of what the problem is, especially given my options are limited

7. Christine Tylor

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you

8. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The problem will likely get worse over time, meaning the randomness will become more frequent, unfortunately.

When the combo meter is out (not displaying the speedometer, fuel level, and the illumination switch is NOT turned down/off), some people freak out and report being unable to turn the car off. When the combo meter is out, keep the POWER button depressed for 3+ seconds, until the car turns off.

Here is a copy of the combination meter Warranty Enhancement for the USA (minus my VIN and mailing address). Have your dealer inquire with Toyota to see if Toyota Australia made this enhancement available down under.

Attached Files:

Christine Tylor likes this.