1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash Lights suddenly dim during Day while headlights off?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by DravidianSunday, Mar 29, 2018.

1. DravidianSunday

DravidianSunday New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Prius people,

Today I noticed the lights on my dash- speedometer and display screen- are dim during the day. But I didn't have my lights on, so I'm not sure why the display was dim. I haven't changed any settings in the car. I turned the headlights on and off, but that didn't fix it. I tried to adjust the brightness from the display screen, but that didn't do anything either.

Has anyone heard of this problem? Just want to make sure it's not a sign of something more serious...

2. Dlundin

Dlundin New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Mine is doing the same thing. I replaced the display unit a couple of years ago with a used one on eBay because the original stopped working. The touch display wouldn’t control the functions... the a/c would blast at full capacity and couldn’t be changed. It was either off or full blast — and that happened on a 7-hour drive from Arizona to California. Now the numbers and bars are dimming or fading and it can’t be controlled by the brightness adjustment.