1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash lights turned up

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DocToss, Dec 3, 2006.

1. DocToss

DocToss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have had my 2006 since Jan 06 and just noticed today that if you don't like the night veiw on the nav screen, you can turn the rheostat dash light switch up till it clicks. My question is this: if I leave the switch in the all the way up position, will it run anything down?

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Dash lighting won't run the battery down and the brightness won't damage the display.

3. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocToss @ Dec 4 2006, 01:49 AM) [snapback]357215[/snapback]</div>
    There's a better way to get the daytime graphics on the NAV screen with the headlights on.

Here's a post I made in another thread...

So, when you lights are on, push the "Display" button on the MFD, and then push the on-screen "Day Mode" button (this button is not there when the lights are off or the thumb wheel is turned all the way up). Now turn the brightness way down and the contrast up a little to dim the display. Now you will have daytime graphics on the NAV screen at night with nighttime dimness, without affecting the brightness of your daytime screen.

The colors of the other screens (such as the "Energy" or "Consumption" screens) also change between "Day Mode" and "Night Mode", so you might still prefer the "Night Mode" settings most of the time. However, when you need the NAV, just press the "Day Mode" button.