1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash magnifier glass?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tekdeus, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Tekdeus

Tekdeus Shifted to Green

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey folks, I'd like my mother to switch to the Prius we have to drive to and from work, but her vision is not perfect and she has trouble reading the very small indicators on the digital dash such as D, N, R, etc. Can anyone suggest a rectangular magnifier lens or glass that could enlarge the view of the display? Much appreciated. Cheers

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    She can't read the indicators but is allowed to drive without prescription glasses?

You can find "book magnifiers" at most big-chain book stores or department stores. You might be able to wedge one in there. But I see that as a bandaid for a more serious problem... How does she drive now? The P/D/N/R symbols are the same size as all my other automatic cars. Manuals have even smaller printing on the stick.

PriusCamper likes this.
  3. magnumrtawd

magnumrtawd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If your mom can't see the dash numbers Maybe she should not be driving!!!

4. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When we first got our Prius my wife said she was having trouble seeing the combo meter as well as the MFD. Not long after that we had her eyes checked. She has cataracts and other problems.

To the OP, it would be a good idea to have your mother's eye's examined by a good ophthalmologist. If she can't see the gear indicators on the Prius, then as other's have said maybe she should not be driving. For her sake, get her eye's checked.

richard schumacher likes this.