1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash mat

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by RoxD, Jan 9, 2020.

1. RoxD

RoxD New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I'm wondering if I should get a dash mat for 2020 Prius Prime. Does anyone have one? How much was it and where did you get it? Easy to install? Any info is appreciated.

2. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Only problem with dash mats is the reflection onto the windshield.

When I got a beige model, the reflection was bad. I switched to black, and it is not as bad.

Still, there is a faint residual reflection. Eventually, you don't notice it while driving.

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Depending on its size, a dashboard mat or cover might also interfere with proper deployment of the front passenger airbag. In the Owner’s Manual (PDF), on page 42, see the warnings and the first illustration, which shows the approximate locations of the airbag modules with gray shading.

MTN likes this.
  4. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    No issues with airbag interference on Gen 3 models. The dash mat fits above the passenger airbag deployment area. Thought of that already, before I purchased the dash cover. The reflection; unexpected.

Elektroingenieur likes this.